WHO ARE WE?
At Magnus Energy, we support energy system stakeholders (i.e. transmission system operators, distribution system operators, market operators, traders and flexibility providers) towards a single European electricity market as well the integration of renewables and a wide range of flexible resources. We support clients from strategy and detailed analysis all the way to implementation of complex multi-stakeholder projects delivering tangible impact. At Magnus Energy, we aim to strengthen our services related to technical advisory services, such as market and grid data analysis, business analysis, investment decision support and impact assessments.
To realize this ambition, we are looking for complementary profiles to strengthen our pool of consultants with a (senior) energy analyst for one of our offices (Naarden, the Netherlands or Vienna, Austria).
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will support clients and international project teams in the context of European electricity, gas and hydrogen markets. In a fast-paced environment, you will deliver high-quality analysis of markets, grids, investment and commercialization strategies as well as will support the energy system modelling team. You will further support the team in drafting value propositions for future projects and train less experienced team members.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
For us it is important you fit into our well-balanced team. We value initiative, proactive problem solving, team spirit and a high degree of autonomy. You are motivated to go the extra mile and to exceed client expectations. Further you are a professional with very strong analytical skills who combines expertise in energy system analysis with the soft skills required to provide excellent consultancy services to our clients and effectively communicate your findings, both internally and externally.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You are an expert in quantitative analysis and bring a good understanding of the energy system
- You are in charge of research and (data) analysis in the area of electricity, gas or hydrogen markets and grids
- You contribute to fast-paced advisory projects by preparing and delivering qualitative as well as quantitative assessments of markets, grids, investment decisions and business cases, summarizing project findings and efficiently communicating them to the client
- (Depending on the level of seniority) You lead technical advisory projects
- You train less-experienced team members.
We are looking for an (Senior) Energy Analyst who is driven by the challenges of the energy transition that has:
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Economics or similar
- (Depending on the level of seniority) between 2 and 5 years of experience performing quantitative analysis in the energy sector
- A solid understanding of the energy sector and of core working areas (power system studies, cross-zonal capacity calculation, functioning of day-ahead, intraday and/or balancing markets)
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills and proven experience with data analysis software (R, Python or similar)
- Strong technical research questions and the ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and summarize them
- High degree of autonomy, motivation to get things done and proactive problem solving
- (Depending on the level of seniority) Track record of project management – ideally, in the energy sector
- Knowledge of sector coupling (gas, hydrogen, mobility) is a plus
- Experience in data visualization and handling data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, relevant Python libraries) are a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills in English required, the knowledge of other languages (in particular Dutch and/or German) is a plus
- A visa/permit to work in the Netherlands, Austria or another EU country (and openness to relocate to the Netherlands or to Austria)
- Openness to travel abroad (project-dependent)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Why choose Magnus Energy? We offer a stimulating working environment: a young and international team of about over 40 ambitious consultants and project managers. They are all motivated professionals who respect each other and want to learn from each other. No egos, but commitment and fun, also outside working hours. As part of the team, you will be able to have a real impact and support clients all over Europe and beyond as well as explore new places during in-person project meetings.
We are there for you to help you grow and evolve as a high-level energy sector professional with a degree of responsibility as well as flexibility. You learn most on the job, but we also offer an extensive training program tailored to different levels of experience. The program includes internal and external trainings on the European energy sector, project management and soft skills. Next to that, there are expectations and also a lot of room for your own ideas to keep improving our services.
Last but not least, we offer an attractive remuneration and dynamic growth opportunities.
Does this job offer describe you? Then send your C.V., personal motivation letter and grade list(s) via the form below. The motivation letter should contain an explanation of your skills and experience, as well as your motivation for the energy sector and for Magnus Energy. You can direct your motivation letter to Ksenia Tolstrup and Reinhard Kaisinger who are also available to answer your questions about the role.