WHO WE ARE
At Magnus Energy, we support players in the European energy industry (i.e. Transmission System Operators, Distribution System Operators, Traders and Power Exchanges) with the realisation of a connected European energy market in which renewables are fully incorporated. The goal? To accelerate the energy transition for a more sustainable future. We help them with their projects by delivering (cross-border) program and project management services. Currently, our focus is on the electricity sector, and we are expanding our services to gas/hydrogen and technical advisory.
To realise our ambition, we are looking for a (Senior) IT Project/Program Manager for (EU) electricity market Integration projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your key challenge in this role is to provide IT Project Management support in European energy market integration projects. These projects are often linked to implementations of the European guidelines and network codes.
You are responsible for the coordination and and organization of IT projects related to the implementation of these European guidelines and network codes. You will ensure that deadlines are met. You will manage IT vendors and Quality Assurance/Test professionals that are involved in these IT projects.
You will develop and lead a team of consultants aiming to execute projects in this context
In addition, you will contribute to further increase knowledge on IT-related topics. You share your expertise internally to support the development of our consultants and externally to support our clients and the market by providing valuable insights.
WHO WE ARE WE LOOKING
For us it is important you fit into our well-balanced team. We value pro-activity, initiative, entrepreneurship, and ambition. You are an experienced professional, motivated to go the extra mile and always aiming to exceed client expectations. You have a broad interest and a vision on the European energy markets and the technology that is leading this.
You are an analytical professional. You combine expertise and knowledge with the soft skills required to provide excellent consultancy services to our clients and effectively communicate your findings.
You have experience in IT project management and managing IT vendors/QA professionals. Experience in cybersecurity and/or in cross-border energy projects is a plus.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Execute projects supporting our clients in realising their objectives in European energy market integration developments.
- Further business development of our IT project management proposition by building and sharing knowledge, building a team of consultants and exploring new commercial opportunities.
- Maintain and develop your broad network within the sector and position Magnus Energy for the specific proposition related to IT project management.
- Actively develop thought leadership within the sector and relate this to business opportunities.
- Develop and inspire a team of consultants with your knowledge and vision on IT related topics important.
- Create a strategic view on (expected) future developments.
- Contribute to our positioning and marketing.
- A Master's degree, preferably with a technical/IT background
- Relevant project / program management experience (around 6 years), preferably in consulting and with experience in leading project teams
- Network in (European) energy industry such as TSOs, DSOs, Utilities and strong networking skills, with the ability to make new contacts and maintain professional relationships internally and externally. Customer focus is your second nature.
- Vision on the status quo of IT in the (EU) energy sector and preferably on EU market integration related topics, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Broad knowledge of relevant IT topics in the context of the (EU) energy sector and implementation of network guidelines and network codes
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the various levels of an organisation
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences and beyond
- Structured and pragmatic with an intrinsic focus of getting things done
- Language wise, your English is excellent (business/professional fluency), and ideally either Dutch or German fluency. Furthermore, due to our European work, it is a plus if you speak other European languages
- A visa/permit to work in the Netherlands and/or current residence in the Netherlands
- Willingness to travel abroad (about 20% of your time)
WHAT WE OFFER
Why choose Magnus Energy? We offer a stimulating international working environment: a young and international team of about 40 management consultants and experts. We are all motivated professionals who respect each other and want to learn from each other. No egos, but commitment and fun, also outside working hours.
We are there for you to help you grow. You learn most on the job, but we also offer an extensive training program. A program with internal and external trainings on the European energy industry, project management and soft skills. Next to that, there is a lot of room for your own ideas to keep improving our services. Sounds good?
Send your C.V. and personal motivation letter via the form below. The motivation letter should contain an explanation of your skills and experience, as well as your motivation for the role, wanting to work in the energy industry and for Magnus Energy. You can direct your motivation letter to Gertjan Meutgeert. He is also available if you have any questions about the role.