What you will do
As a Managing Consultant for the European Energy markets you lead project teams that work on the integration of the European electricity & gas markets. These teams need to define and design the international cooperation by e.g. developing methods, processes, IT and contracts. Eventually, these processes of different organisations in Europe need to come together, which is a huge challenge.
Your role? You support in being the driving force of these teams. You guide them in their process to achieve results despite the large differences between the organisations, different interests and ways of working. You coach a team of consultants and ensure overall quality of our services. In our projects, we apply a business diplomacy approach. This means we are the impartial driving force in our projects As a Managing Consultant, you ensure that all colleagues apply this approach on a daily basis. The team should guide clients in their process to achieve results despite the large differences between the organisations, their different interests and ways of working. Primarily, you are a project manager, who offers structure and clarity in complex situations.
In short, a highly challenging and diverse role for someone who wants to work at the intersection of project management and energy transition, and who wants to have a real impact. And an excellent next step to enrich your career with international experience, in large-scale, complex projects.
What we offer
Why choose Magnus Energy? We offer a stimulating working environment: a young and international team of around 40 management consultants and experts. All motivated professionals who respect each other and want to learn from each other. No egos, but commitment and fun, also outside working hours.
With offices in Naarden, The Netherlands and satellite offices in Cologne (Germany), Bratislava (Slovakia), and Vienna (Austria), we offer a flexible work environment tuned to the new work approach.
Further, we highly value your professional development and growth. You'll learn most "on the job", and in addition we offer an extensive training program. Our Magnus Energy Academy provides a diverse program, from courses targeting the skills and knowledge needed to perform as a consultant in the energy sector, to more specialised courses designed to complement your chosen growth path. We are always developing new trainings to keep meeting our consultant’s needs. Sounds good?
Who we are looking for
You are an analytical professional who combines organisational skills with knowledge of people and a drive to deliver results! In addition, the following profile matches you:
- University Master’s degree in a technical, science, business or international relations direction with excellent grades.
- 6 – 8 years working experience, ideally with experience in the energy sector focussed on TSOs, DSOs, Power Exchanges, or within management consulting focussed on energy projects or with relevant project management experience.
- Analytically strong: of course you are smart, but you are also structured and able to think and plan ahead, overcoming obstacles with creativity, and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication: You mobilise people with all kinds of backgrounds, you are an excellent listener, strong in verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Language wise, your English is excellent (business/professional fluency), and ideally either Dutch or German fluency. Furthermore, due to our European work, it is a plus you speak other European languages.
- You have a clear link with the Netherlands: you live or studied here, or are otherwise connected to the Netherlands.
- Proven international experience in which you have demonstrated your organisational talent and facilitating skills; interesting secondary activities that show you that you have an entrepreneurial mindset and take the initiative.
- And most important, you are interested in the energy transition and a clear desire to work on future of European Energy markets!
We are looking forward to your application! You can upload your C.V., cover letter and academic transcript(s) below. Make sure your cover letter elaborates on your skills and experience, as well as your motivation for the energy sector and Magnus Energy.