What you will do
You will be working as a consultant on European energy market integration projects. In these projects, teams of experts from different European companies collaborate to connect the European electricity & gas markets. These teams need to define and design the international cooperation by developing methods, processes, IT tooling, contracts and meanwhile keeping all stakeholder informed. Eventually, these processes need to be implemented in different organisation throughout Europe, which is a huge, complex challenge!
Your role? You support in being the driving force of these teams. You guide them in their process to achieve results despite the large differences between the organisations, different interests and ways of working. Primarily, you are the consultant who offers structure and clarity in highly complex situations. From an impartial position you ensure decisions are made and progress is achieved. You add value by proposing solutions where necessary and feasible. We call this business diplomacy, which is used to achieve consensus between the different stakeholders.
You will develop your project management and leadership skills and will learn more about the complex energy market while working on different disciplines and challenges, perfect for someone who graduated recently and who wants to make a direct impact.
What we offer
Why choose Magnus Energy? We offer a stimulating working environment: a young and international team of around 40 management consultants and experts. All motivated professionals who respect each other and want to learn from each other. No egos, but commitment and fun, also outside working hours.
With offices in Naarden, The Netherlands and satellite offices in Cologne (Germany), Bratislava (Slovakia), and Vienna (Austria), we offer a flexible work environment tuned to the new work approach.
Further, we highly value your professional development and growth. You'll learn most "on the job", and in addition we offer an extensive training program. Our Magnus Energy Academy provides a diverse program, from courses targeting the skills and knowledge needed to perform as a consultant in the energy sector, to more specialised courses designed to complement your chosen growth path. We are always developing new trainings to keep meeting our consultant’s needs. Sounds good?
Who we are looking for
You are an analytical young professional who combines organisational skills with knowledge of people and a drive to deliver results! In addition, the following profile matches you:
- University Master's degree in a technical, science, business or international relations direction with excellent grades;
- 1 to 3 years working experience; project management experience and/or experience of electricity and gas markets is a plus
- Analytically strong: of course, you are smart, but you are also structured and able to think and plan ahead as well as creative and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication: You mobilise people from different audiences, you are an excellent listener, strong in verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Language wise, your English is excellent (business/professional fluency), and due to our European work, you are fluent in at least one other European language
- Proven international experience in which you have demonstrated your organisational talent and facilitating skills; interesting secondary activities that show you that you have an entrepreneurial mindset and take the initiative.
- Working place: Partly in the Bratislava, Slovakia, and partly from our headquarters in Naarden, The Netherlands. Further you are expected to travel within Europe once or twice per month to attend meetings and meet the clients.
- To ensure a flying start at Magnus Energy, your onboarding and the first 2-3 months will be at our headquarters in The Netherlands. This enables you to learn the Magnus Energy ways of working quickly, get to know as many colleagues as possible and be immersed in our culture.
- And most important, you are interested in the energy transition and have a clear desire to support building the future of European Energy markets!
We are looking forward to your application! You can upload your C.V., cover letter and academic transcript(s) below. Make sure your cover letter elaborates on your skills and experience, as well as your motivation for the energy sector and Magnus Energy.