WHO ARE WE
At Magnus Energy, we support players in the European energy industry (i.e. Transmission System Operators, Distribution System Operators, Traders and Power Exchanges) with the realisation of a connected European energy market in which renewables are fully incorporated. The goal? To accelerate the energy transition for a more sustainable future. We help them with their projects by delivering (cross-border) program and project management services. Currently, our focus is on the electricity sector, and we are expanding our services to gas/hydrogen and technical advisory.
To realise our ambition, we are looking for a (Senior) Project / Program Manager Balancing.
WHAT YOU WILL YOU
Your key challenge in this role is to provide project and program support in European energy market integration projects in relation to for example balancing and or flexibility projects. These projects are often linked to implementation of the European guidelines and network codes.
You will develop and lead a team of consultants aiming to execute projects in the context of balancing and flexibility.
In addition, you will contribute to further increase knowledge on these topics. You share your expertise internally to support the development of our consultants and externally to support our clients and the market by providing valuable insights.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For us it is important you fit into our well-balanced team. We value pro-activity, taking initiative, entrepreneurship, and ambition. You are an experienced professional, motivated to go the extra mile and always aiming to exceed client expectations. You have a broad interest and a vision on the European energy markets.
You are an analytical professional. You combine expertise and knowledge with the soft skills required to provide excellent consultancy services to our clients and effectively communicate your findings.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Execute projects supporting our clients in realising their objectives in European energy market integration developments.
- Maintain and develop your broad network within the sector and position Magnus Energy for the specific proposition related to balancing / flexibility in the sector.
- Actively develop thought leadership and relate this to business opportunities.
- Develop and inspire a team of consultants with your knowledge and vision on balancing.
- Create a strategic view on (expected) future developments.
- Contribute to Magnus Energy positioning and marketing.
- A Master's degree, preferably with a technical background.
- Relevant project / program management experience (around 6 years), preferably in consulting and with experience in leading project teams.
- Extensive network in the (European) energy industry such as TSOs, DSOs, Utilities And strong networking skills, with the ability to make new contacts and maintain professional relationships internally and externally. Customer focus is your second nature.
- Vision on the status quo of balancing and flexibility and direction of international TSOs' initiatives, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Broad knowledge of the balancing and flexibility business, including (EU) guidelines and (EU) network codes.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the various levels of an organisation.
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences and beyond.
- Structured and pragmatic with an intrinsic focus of getting things done.
- Language wise, your English is excellent (business/professional fluency), and ideally either Dutch or German fluency. Furthermore, due to our European work, it is a plus if you speak other European languages.
- Current residence in the Netherlands or a visa/permit to work in the Netherlands.
- Willingness to travel abroad (about 20%).
WHAT WE OFFER
Why choose Magnus Energy? We offer a stimulating working environment: a young and international team of around 40 management consultants and experts. All motivated professionals who respect each other and want to learn from each other. No egos, but commitment and fun, also outside working hours.
With offices in Naarden, The Netherlands and satellite offices in Cologne (Germany), Bratislava (Slovakia), and Vienna (Austria), we offer a flexible work environment tuned to the new work approach.
We are there to help you grow. You learn most on the job, but we also offer an extensive training program. A program with internal and external trainings on the European energy industry, project management and soft skills. Next to that, there is a lot of room for your own ideas to keep improving our services. Sounds good?
Send your C.V. and personal motivation letter via the form below. The motivation letter should contain an explanation of your skills and experience, as well as your motivation for the role, wanting to work in the energy industry and for Magnus Energy. You can direct your motivation letter to Gertjan Meutgeert. He is also available if you have any questions about the role.