WHO WE ARE
At Magnus Energy, we support players in the European energy industry (i.e. Transmission System Operators, Distribution System Operators, Traders and Power Exchanges) with the realisation of a connected European energy market in which renewables are fully incorporated. The goal? To accelerate the energy transition for a more sustainable future. We help them with their projects by delivering (cross-border) program and project management services. Currently, our focus is on the electricity sector, and we are expanding our services to gas/hydrogen and technical advisory.
To realize this ambition, we are looking for a Director to develop our Gas and Hydrogen consulting practice in the Dutch and European molecules market.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your key challenge in this role is to pave the way and open the European Gas and Hydrogen market for us. Aiming to provide similar – highly valued - services as we provide today in the electricity market where we support with the implementation of the European guidelines and network codes. Our aim is to support the Gas and Hydrogen industry with similar projects stemming from European legislation and their related challenges.
You will develop and lead a team of consultants aiming to execute projects in this context
In parallel you will lead national and international projects with a team of consultants aiming to strengthen the European gas market. You will contribute to further increase knowledge of gas and hydrogen related topics. You share your expertise internally to support the development of our consultants and externally to support our clients and the market by providing valuable insights.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For us it is important you fit into our well-balanced team. We value pro-activity, initiative, entrepreneurship and ambition. You are an experienced professional, motivated to go the extra mile and always aiming to exceed client expectations. You have a broad interest, a vision on the European energy markets and the technology that is leading this.
Further you are an analytical professional. You combine expertise and knowledge with the soft skills required to provide excellent consultancy services to our clients and effectively communicate your findings.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Kick-starting our Magnus Energy gas and hydrogen practice to support European TSOs, DSOs and utilities in their challenges towards the future
- Develop and inspire a team of consultants with your deep knowledge and vision on the gas and hydrogen market
- Maintain and develop your broad network within the sector and position our propositions in the sector
- Execute projects supporting our clients realising their objectives in the Dutch and European gas market
- Actively develop thought leadership within the sector and relate this to business opportunities.
- A Master's degree, preferably with a technical background
- Relevant project / programme management experience (around 8 years), preferably in consulting and with experience in leading project teams
- Extensive network within the European gas industry such as TSOs, DSOs and/or ENTSO-G. And strong networking skills, with the ability to make new contacts and maintain professional relationships internally and externally. Customer focus is your second nature.
- Vision on the status quo and direction of international gas TSOs' initiatives, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Broad knowledge of the gas TSO business, including network codes and the future of gases (biogas, hydrogen, …)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the various levels of an organisation
- You want to build this business, and dive into your network to launch our services in the gas sector
- Other requirements:
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences and beyond
- Structured and pragmatic with an intrinsic focus of getting things done
- Language wise, your English is excellent (business/professional fluency), and ideally either Dutch or German fluency. Furthermore, due to our European work, it is a plus if you speak other European languages
- A visa/permit to work in the Netherlands and current residence in the Netherlands
- Willingness to travel abroad (about 20%)
WHAT WE OFFER
Why choose Magnus Energy? We offer a stimulating working environment: a young and international team of about 35 consultants and project managers. We are all motivated professionals who respect each other and want to learn from each other. No egos, but commitment and fun, also outside working hours.
We are there for you to help you grow. You learn most on the job, but we also offer an extensive training program. A program with internal and external trainings on the European energy industry, project management and soft skills. Next to that, there are expectations and also a lot of room for your own ideas to keep improving our services. Sounds good?
Send your C.V. and personal motivation letter via the form below. The motivation letter should contain an explanation of your skills and experience, as well as your motivation for the role, for the gas sector and for Magnus Energy. You can direct your motivation letter to Alexander van der Mark. He is also available if you have any questions about the role.